Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE
Date: 2013-07-18 11:46:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Robins,

> Thanks Fabien. This was a wrong attachment to the email.

This patch works for me (applied, tested).

However, some remarks:

seq4: should it check something? How do you know that OWNED BY did
anything?

regress_role_seq2: shoult check that the sequence owner is the table
owner?

seq12/seq14: is it twice the same tests??

seq13/seq15: idem??

I still do not know what "asdf" means... it is about the qwerty keyboard?
What about something explicit, like regress_seq_undefined?

seq22: remove the "syntax error" check at the end, pg people do not want
syntax error checks.

Also, here is a proposal for testing that CACHE is working:

-- check CACHE operation by resetting the sequence cache size
CREATE SEQUENCE seq31 CACHE 10;
-- 1 to 10 are preallocated
SELECT NEXTVAL('seq31');
-- reset cache, 2..10 are lost, should start again from 11
ALTER SEQUENCE seq31 CACHE 1;
SELECT NEXTVAL('seq31');
DROP SEQUENCE seq31;

--