Make the primary key a multilingual value

From: Ransika de Silva <ransika(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Make the primary key a multilingual value
Date: 2009-07-04 17:44:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I have a requirement of storing multilingual words and hence planing to
utilize the Unicode support of the database tables. The question that I have
is, will there be a problem if I make the primary key of a table
multilingual, in the sense let's say we are storing names of each country in
English, German, Sinhala (Language used in Sri Lanka) and Japanese in the
same table, so having the country name column to store different languages
will it be a problem?

We require to search the database for the matching names.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Ransika De Silva