PostgreSQL - 'SKYLINE OF' clause added!

From: "ranbeer makin" <ranbeer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Nikita <nikita(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: PostgreSQL - 'SKYLINE OF' clause added!
Date: 2007-03-03 13:32:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad,
India, have extended the Postgres database
system with the skyline operation. For this work, we were guided by our
Prof. Kamalakar Karlapalem
(http://www.iiit.ac.in/~kamal/).

We have extended SQL 'SELECT' clause by an optional 'SKYLINE OF' clause in
version 8.0.3. The changes are done in parser, transformation,
planner/optimizer (a bit) and executor stages. For its execution, two novel
algorithms - BNL (Block Nested Loop) and SFS
(Sort Filter Skyline) - are also implemented.

Can this piece of work contribute to PostgreSQL? If yes, then we'll send out
a detailed report of this project including changes
made, issues involved/need to be solved, limitations, future work, and the
source code etc.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Nikita