Re: psqlodbc and SQLFetch after SQLTables gives

From: Giuliano Gavazzi <dev+pgsql(at)humph(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlodbc and SQLFetch after SQLTables gives
Date: 2003-02-10 14:33:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

At 16:02 +0900 2003/02/10, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
[...]
> > Now I have enabled tracing and found where the failure is. Apparently
>> MSQ uses SQLFetch just after SQLTables to get the table list, this
> > SQLFetch fails by returning SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND. Here I have two
>> snippets from the traces of MSQ retrieving tables first using
>> OpenLink Postgres Lite driver (that succeeds) and then using psqlodbc
>> (that fails):
>>
>> 1) openlink driver:
>>
>> iODBC[Microsoft Query] ThID:A0000DEC ENTER SQLTables
>>
>> iODBC[Microsoft Query] ThID:A0000DEC EXIT SQLTables with return
>> code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
>>
>> Microsoft Query ThID:A0000DEC EXIT SQLTables with return code 0
>> (SQL_SUCCESS)
>> HSTMT 0x01619a00
>> CHAR* 00000000 "..."
>> SMALLINT -3536
>> CHAR* 00000000 "..."
>> SMALLINT -18992
>> CHAR* 00000000 "..."
>> SMALLINT 15056
>> CHAR* 0x001c3fd8 "Table"
>
>Hmm, if it is "TABLE", it seems to work.
>OK I would change the driver to be insenitive about
>it.

Hi Hiroshi, sorry but I do not understand. In both cases (the working
one and the not working one) it is "Table". What seems to change is
the way the client application retrieves the data. I have now enable
debug and repeated the test, may I send you the output?

Where would I change the source anyway? In info.c?

Thanks for helping me solve this.

Giuliano