Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Date: 1999-03-16 20:20:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 16-Mar-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> > Now you know how I felt with the globe(too fast, hard to see), and
>> > static map(bad dots).
>>
>> The first raytraced example (just a quick shot :-) is in
>> place.
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/index.html
>>
>> As you might expect, the locations of the nails are from the
>> same data I already have. I just bent them a little so every
>> location is visible. There is no map behind, but that's easy
>> and could have it's hot areas under the knobs of the nails.
>
> Woh. I didn't know what ratracing was, but I know I like it. Certainly
> jumps out at you. Is it in a paper tray?

Almost looks like a wooden box with water in it and the continents are
floating on the water. Jan, what are you using to create that?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com