Re: database backup

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general(at)pexicom(dot)com>
Cc: Darren Ferguson <darren(at)crystalballinc(dot)com>, Sanjeev Rathore <intmail2002(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database backup
Date: 2002-07-08 03:10:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Doug Fields wrote:

> >Then the shell script in the cron job can call pg_dump with the relevant
> >options
>
> If you want to "incrementalize" it, you could always keep a base, and diff
> the new dump against it, and store just the diff.

Actually, I was wondering just yesterday, is there any reason that
pg_dump should not be able to do an incremental dump? You could just
give it a transaction ID and say, "dump all changes from this ID."

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC