Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Sander Steffann <sander(at)steffann(dot)nl>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details
Date: 2002-04-21 19:03:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Sander Steffann wrote:

> At the moment all our DBs are on one partition.

Not really, no. It's easy to put in a symlink to put a database on
another partition. It's easy for any object, for that matter, so long as
it's not the sort of thing that gets deleted and re-created by users.

> That is true, but when I look at how many of our customers actually use temp
> tables, I think this is not a very big problem (for us!)

Oh, of course! I was still in SQL Server mode, thinking that sorts were
done via temp tables. But of course Postgres doesn't do it this way.

> I don't know if there are any other places where
> a user can eat resources, but the more I think about it, the more
> complicated it gets. :-(

Yeah, exactly.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC