Re: Issue is changing _bt_compare function and

From: sandeep satpal <sandeep(at)it(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue is changing _bt_compare function and
Date: 2005-10-08 07:18:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,
Sorry for last mail.
I hope this time I will explain my doubt more clearly.

The _bt_compare function in "nbtree.c" file calls "FunctionCall2" and it
passes two arguments , one is the scankey which we want to search on and
other key is on current b-tree node.

My problem is I want to pass three parameter and the third argument will
be used for taking decision during comparision that whether I want
case-sensitive comparision or case-insensitive.

But "initdb" also uses the same _bt_compare function for creating its own
For eg.
when we write /usr/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/data
And my modification may create problems.
How I solve this ??
Hope this time I had explained in more clear way...
thanx,

--
| Sandeep Satpal |