Re: Re: Which qsort is used

From: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Which qsort is used
Date: 2005-12-17 01:14:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> At this point, I think we have done enough testing on enough platforms
> to just use port/qsort on all platforms in 8.2. It seems whenever
> someone tries to improve the BSD qsort, they make it worse.

Not necessariliy true. Dann Corbit sent me an implementation a while ago
(you can see it on the same site). BSD qsort is improved, though not that
much, by two methods. Since Dann write the program from scratch, so I am
not sure if we are afford to take the efforts for the improvement.

Regards,
Qingqing