Re: Can't initdb, libdir points to static location

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tim Farrell <tfarrell(at)laurelnetworks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't initdb, libdir points to static location
Date: 2003-11-24 19:13:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tim Farrell writes:

> I use PostgreSQL as a default database in our solution and with the
> 7.2 version I was able to tar up the area pointed to by the --prefix
> build argument and untar to an arbitrary path as part of my product
> installation and I could initdb the database no problem and get a
> running database setup completely.

OK, but it was never intended that this would work. In fact, it was
specifically documented as not working well. Maybe you want to do 'make
install DESTDIR=...' instead, to create a "fake root" installation that
you can tar up.

> Is there an environment variable that can override this like
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

There isn't one right now, but the environment variable might not be a bad
idea.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net