Re: Open 7.3 items

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: ngpg(at)grymmjack(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 items
Date: 2002-08-14 16:25:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ngpg(at)grymmjack(dot)com dijo:

> > OK, the vote is not shifting from '.' to '@'. Is that how we want to
> > go? I like the pg_user enhancement. Marc, comments? This was your
> > baby.
>
> Would it be hard to setup an internal PG variable for the actual character
> to be used?

That'd be good, because almost any character people wants to use as
delimiter is actually valid in database and user names. So giving
people a choice is a good thing.

For example someone may want to use email address as usernames, and that
messes up the splitting on @.

"Cuando miro a alguien, mas me atrae como cambia que quien es" (J. Binoche)