Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?
Date: 2002-08-03 20:25:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov dijo:

> On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Oleg Bartunov dijo:
> >
> > > I just tried CLUSTER command at fts.postgresql.org to cluster
> > > fts index and got very visual performance win. Unfortunately
> > > I had to restore permissions and recreate other indices by hand.
> > > So, I'm interested what's a future of CLUSTER command ?
> >
> > I'm working on CLUSTER. I have a problem with dependency tracking right
> > now that I need to get fixed before the patch gets accepted, but that
> > shouldn't take long (hopefully).
>
> God news. Will it go to 7.3 ?

In fact, I have just corrected the error and am submitting the patch for
revision and possible inclusion.

Please test it and check if it does what you need. Let me know if it
doesn't, because it should.

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)