Re: FW: OID, compatible=7.1 and getBinaryStream() in 7.4driver

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Alexey Yudichev <Alexey(at)francoudi(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: OID, compatible=7.1 and getBinaryStream() in 7.4driver
Date: 2003-12-17 12:18:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Alexey Yudichev wrote:

> [I can't use 7.1 style large objects with a 7.4 database.]

Here's a patch to fix this. The core problem was a check to determine
if it should use the version 2 or 3 protocol was checking the
server version instead of the compatibility version. While
locating this I found two other bugs. The query to retrieve the
oids for the large object functions had an incorrect WHERE clause
when trying to deal with schemas. Also the V3 fastpath API didn't
handle multiargument functions properly.

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
largeobjectapi.patch text/plain 3.8 KB