Re: CMP Bean problem

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: TANIDA Yutaka <tanida(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Sam Vaitheeswaran <uaimp(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CMP Bean problem
Date: 2003-12-09 02:46:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, TANIDA Yutaka wrote:

> I don't know about CMP and SUN One , but I found Masatoshi
> Satoh(okome(at)siisise(dot)net) supplies a patch in his site.
>
> http://siisise.net/softlib/postgresql-7.4-jdbc.diff

The patch has two changes in it, but unfortunately I can't tell what he's
trying to achieve as the whole site is in Japanese.

The first is incorrect as it breaks retrieving database object information
via DatabaseMetaData calls because it forces all parameters to lowercase.
This makes it impossible to get information on objects with capital
letters in their name.

The second change makes ResultSet.getString() on a boolean column return
"true" or "false" instead of "t" or "f". This breaks the existing
behavior of getString returning the exact string the server returned and
would probably cause backwards compatibility problems for many people. I
would be interested to know why this change was necessary.

Kris Jurka