Re: Triggers and Schema's.

From: Steven Singer <ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Triggers and Schema's.
Date: 2002-10-15 01:42:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Steven Singer <ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com> writes:

> get_namespace_name(RelationGetNamespace(tg_relation))
> Is this sufficiently useful to justify adding an SPI_getrelnamespace()
> function? I'm not very clear on the uses for SPI_getrelname(). Most
> of the examples we have in contrib/ are using it for error messages,

Thanks that function does the job.

I have no problem using that function(or other backend functions) from
triggers to do the job. If the idea behind SPI is that functions are only
supposed to access backend functions through SPI and not call the backend
directly then it probably should be added at some point for completeness
sake but I suspect other functions would fall into this category as well.

--
Steven Singer ssinger(at)navtechinc(dot)com
Aircraft Performance Systems Phone: 519-747-1170 ext 282