Re: Wild Cards

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: "<No Name>" <bobmarley4u2c(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wild Cards
Date: 2001-01-25 19:29:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, <No Name> wrote:

> I am not able to get Wildcards in PostgreSQL, I know its * (asterisk), but
> its not working. can someone show me a example or something?

Wildcards where? You can use * to mean all the fields in a table in a
SELECT statement, but if you are using LIKE in a WHERE clause, the
wildcards are % to mean any group of characters and _ to mean any single
character.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
It's a good thing we don't get all the government we pay for.