Postgres under CygWin

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres under CygWin
Date: 2002-05-23 14:46:23
Lists: pgsql-general

No, this isn't part of the native/cygwin arguement.

I've followed the discussions on this topic and I've also been contacted
regarding the possibility of doing some work relating to moving from a Linux
host to a Windows host. Now I've no idea why these people's client is insisting
on the move and I've tried to give the impression I think it a silly thing to
do but it remains that this is what they are trying to do.

The problem I have is that I've not done anything with postgres under windows
at all. Now, I'm prepared to invest the time installing and having a little
play around with things before saying 'yes I can do it'. However, what is
worrying me is that this 'research' is unlikely to show up any problems
associated with moving data between the systems. Are there any such problems or
is it how I think it'll be and the restore under Windows will have no problems
with the data dumped under Linux?

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this,

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---