Newbie Inheritance Question

From: David Wheeler <David(at)Wheeler(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie Inheritance Question
Date: 2001-06-22 17:37:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me now I might extend an existing record in a parent table
to have values in an inherited table? An example would be a table of all
people (person), and a table of users (usr) that inherits from person. Say
there's an existing record in person, and I want to use that same record
to make them a member of the usr table, as well. Is this possible, other
than by deleting the record from person and re-inserting it into usr?

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory