pgdump

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgdump
Date: 2000-09-19 07:15:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

if I do a database dump via pg_dump also PostgreSQL internal tables
named pga_* are stored in the dump. However if I drop a database and
create it via "create database <name>" those tables are created
automatically. Restoring the old content of the database using
cat <name>.dump | psql <name>
leads to warning messages caused by the existence of the pga_*
tables. This is really annoing. I checked all pg_dump options
if this could be avoided, but didn't found any.

I wonder if I should write a little script to remove the pga_*
stuff from the dump to get a warning-free restore.

Is there any usual solution for this problem?

Kind regards

Andreas.

  • Re: pgdump at 2000-09-19 17:04:15 from Michael Meskes