Re: XA rollback problem

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Niels Beekman <n(dot)beekman(at)wis(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XA rollback problem
Date: 2006-04-26 20:30:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Indeed the closing before committing is a problem. The PGXADatasource code
> is piggybacking on the PooledConnection code. When you close a
> PooledConnection a rollback occurs so that the connection can be reused. For
> the XAConnection it must put the connection into a pending-closed state and
> wait for the transaction manager to commit or rollback the connection. It'll
> be a little tricky to make this work for both the PooledConnection and
> XAConnection cases, but I'll take a look at that this week.

I have applied the attached patch to the 8.1 and head cvs branches which
fixes it for me.

I've uploaded some jars for you to test here, and a new official release
should hopefully be out within the week.

http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/nb/

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
xa-close-before-commit.patch text/plain 4.2 KB