Re: JDBC driver does not support getGeneratedKeys method

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: buvelbier-tsmets(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC driver does not support getGeneratedKeys method
Date: 2006-04-25 23:59:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Thomas SMETS wrote:

> I try to use Log4J new DBAppender (cfr. the config file herebelow) but
> it keeps on complaining with the following message :

The problem with the log4j code is that it has a number of warning
messages that probably ought to be more fatal. You have some properties
set incorrectly, so it cannot create a valid connection which results in
this particular error.

> <param name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver" />
> <param name="url"
> value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/Log4j" />
> <param name="username" value="xyz" />
> <param name="password" value="xyz" />
> <param name="dialect" value="POSTGRES_DIALECT" />

use param names driverClass and user instead of driver and username. Also
remove the dialect param.

Kris Jurka