driver beta release

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: driver beta release
Date: 2004-11-09 10:58:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

As the server is nearing release, we've been winding down our own
development cycle with plans to release the driver at the same time as the
server. I've put up a new build (308) on the website and we'd like to get
your help in testing it out to catch any problems before release.

At the moment I don't feel comfortable sending this announcement out to a
wider audience as we have nothing resembling release notes and the
documentation hasn't been touched in any meaningful way in over four
months. Hopefully reading this list you have enough of an idea about
what's going on to be able to provide valuable feedback without being
"supervised". Even better would be to provide documentation for some of
the new features that have been incorporated:

- the ability to customize SSL setups to do things like skip
authenticaion or provide a truststore from another location.
- the ability to configure the driver through a .properties file.

Remaining 8.0 items are listed here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/todo.html#Before+8.0+Release

Kris Jurka