Reloading data

From: Damon Courtney <damon(at)your(dot)unreality(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reloading data
Date: 2003-09-05 16:45:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there some easy way I can take an old PGDATA directory and load
it into a new instance of Postgres? My server was rebuilt, and I didn't
get a chance to dump the database to restore it in the new server.

Will copying the old data directory into the new server really screw
things up? Is there some method by which I can somehow "import" data from
those old data files into the new server?

Thanks,

Damon