Re: Re: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Fred Yankowski <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN
Date: 2001-02-13 19:33:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Fred Yankowski wrote:

> Or we can improve our tools so that changes aren't so painful to
> undertake. PostgreSQL is a damn fine piece of work, and there are
> ways that it too could evolve to make it an even more powerful tool
> for doing what our customers need done, rather than just what is
> convenient for us to do.

There have been some questions about how to best do a drop column
which is a big reason there isn't a final implementation yet
(although there is some implementation in the code I believe
ifdefed out with _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__). There are discussions about
this on -hackers a while back (sorry don't remember when).