Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Robinson <robinson(at)netrinsics(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: It happened again: Server hung up solid
Date: 2000-05-08 04:30:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Sun, 7 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Are we still releasing 7.0 tomorrow?
> >
> > I don't know ... this problem has me nervous, but I can't seem to
> > re-create it on the fly :( It happened twice so far today, and I'm
> > working on improving logging to see if I can narrow it down ...
> >
> > I would like to *at least* postpone until Wednesday to see if I can
> > recreate this between now and then ... will spend a good part of tomorrow
> > seeing if I can get a more decent amount of data logged, to narrow her
> > down ...
>
> Isn't is something we can fix with a 7.0.1? Seems many people are
> already using 7.0 in production systems. I just hate to see the date
> slip again.

As I said, if we feel comfortable with this, no probs ... its not an issue
I'm going to push, since it is something that I'm finding relativley
difficult to recreate "at will" :(

> > We still have to write up a release announcement (can someone summarize
> > the key features of v7.0?), so that gives us a little bit of time ...
>
> Well, you can take it off the top of the HISTORY file.

Great, will work this up tomorrow during the day :) Thanks ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org