Foxpro

From: "David Siebert" <david(at)eclipsecat(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Foxpro
Date: 2002-05-03 16:33:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I have a wannabe programer that works for me and he my not for long, nagging
me that we should use FoxPro instead of PostgreSQL and Java.
I have tried and tried to explain this to him. I have tried to show him that
FoxPro is not mainstream anymore. He is a pain in my butt. Would anyone like
to point me to a comparison between FoxPro and PostgreSql. I can find
comparisons between DB-2 or Oracle or MySQL and Postgres but not FoxPro. I
can guess why. I hate being a dictator about things like and I have tried to
help him by saying he could do one little internal project in FoxPro but he
can not even get FoxPro to use ODBC to connect to Postgres. I do not care to
learn anymore about ODBC than what I need to hook Openoffice calc to my
database.

By the way this guy does not even know how to do a binary or to decode a BCD
date. When I asked if it FoxPro had a binary shift he told me it had lots of
keyboard funtions :(