Updating a view

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Updating a view
Date: 2003-04-02 22:59:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Pg 7.3.2

I find that I need to add a column to a view that is used in about 6 other
views. Please tell me there's a way of changing this base view without
having to drop the six other views and whatever other views those views
might touch.
Using Create or Replace gives me a message that I cannot change the number
of columns in a view.
TIA
Patrick