Re: Concatenating string fields with GROUP BY clause

From: Jason Hihn <jhihn(at)paytimepayroll(dot)com>
To: "Brian G(dot) Huber" <brianghuber(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Concatenating string fields with GROUP BY clause
Date: 2003-09-09 19:57:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

I was just working on a similar problem. I resulted in to doing it in code.
HAVING would be the avenue, but it is just like a where clause and you can't
say HAVING previous record's g field=this record's g field. :-( You must
sort first by the g field then just spin through while the g fields are the
same.

If anyone knows how to to it within SQL only, I'd appreciate knowing too.