Cannot insert into view without an appropriate rule (#7)

From: "Makauskas Vidas" <vidas(at)lindra(dot)lt>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cannot insert into view without an appropriate rule (#7)
Date: 2003-02-03 16:20:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
It's convenient (search, filters, sorting...) to do local forms over ODBC
with linked tables in access. But exits incompatibility with date types:
int8, date, time in postgres with access. I've make an attemp link tables
via views with data conversation and do INSERT into table through CREATE
VIEW view_table AS SELECT Fdate::timestamp, Fint8::int4 FROM table; and get
error 'Cannot insert into view without an appropriate rule (#7)'.
May I ask such question without myself additional atemptions, because it's
my first step into postgres, is it mistaken way to solve problem mentioned
above. Or it's posible to solve problem via rules...
Best regards,
Vidas