FATAL errors a plenty

From: "Mickey" <mickey(at)mcnjeni(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FATAL errors a plenty
Date: 2003-09-16 03:31:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

DEBUG: XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
DEBUG: XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pk_inmail
DEBUG: MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000300000049
DEBUG: MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000300000048
ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pk_inmail
NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pk_inmail
NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block
DEBUG: MoveOfflineLogs: remove 000000030000004A
DEBUG: MoveOfflineLogs: remove 000000030000004B
ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pk_inmail
NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block

I have no clue at all - novice doesn't even begin to describe my lack of
knowledge.

What I would like to know is what this is, why this is, and if anyone knows
how to fix it.

More goodies that may or may not help:

> Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type: \copyright for distribution terms
> \h for help with SQL commands
> \? for help on internal slash commands
> \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
> \q to quit
>
> funnymail=# select count(*) from members_;
> FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
> FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Server
> process (pid
> 3409) exited with status 512 at MNOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
> The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
> terminate your database system connection and exit.
> Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
> Failed.
> Server processes were terminated at Mon Sep 15 10:04:10 2003
> Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
> !# DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2003-09-15 10:00:08 EDT
> DEBUG: CheckPoint record at (3, 1152946868)
> DEBUG: Redo record at (3, 1152946868); Undo record at (0, 0);
> Shutdown TRUE
> DEBUG: NextTransactionId: 8637182; NextOid: 6369864
> DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress...
> DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero len at (3, 1152946932)
> DEBUG: redo is not required
> DEBUG: database system is in production state
> funnymail=# select * from members_ ;
> FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
> Server process (pid 3416) exited with status 512 at Mon Sep 15
> 10:07:15 2003
> Terminating any active server processes...
> Server processes were terminated at Mon Sep 15 10:07:15 2003
> Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
> DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2003-09-15 10:04:12 EDT
> DEBUG: CheckPoint record at (3, 1152946932)
> DEBUG: Redo record at (3, 1152946932); Undo record at (0, 0);
> Shutdown TRUE
> DEBUG: NextTransactionId: 8637182; NextOid: 6369864
> DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> progress...
> DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero len at (3, 1152946996)
> DEBUG: redo is not required
> DEBUG: database system is in production state
> FATAL 2: XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

This is a two server set up, postgres is on one server, the software using
postgres is on another. Both are unix machines with the same version of
redhat on them.

I'm getting rather desperate on this.. anything anyone can do will be met
with GREAT appreciation, cash grants are negotiable.

Mickey