Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar

From: "John Pagakis" <thebfh(at)toolsmythe(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar
Date: 2004-07-01 21:47:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Most of my tables have a last update date and during some testing in
Postgres 7.4.1 I noticed that the last_update date was slightly in the past
for anything updated within a transaction. The amount it is off by seems to
vary: as little as 30 seconds; as much as a couple of minutes.

Tables updated outside of a transaction seem to have an accurate timestamp.
If I setAutoCommit(true) instead of setAutoCommit(false) and comment out my
commit/rollbacks, the timestamp is accurate. Within a transaction, it is as
though I have set the WayBack machine for a random trip 1/2 - 2 minutes back
in time.

I am using pg74.213.jdbc.jar. Is there a more current driver?

Has anyone else noticed this? Is anyone looking at it?

John Pagakis
Email: ih8spam_thebfh(at)toolsmythe(dot)com
remove the ih8spam_ and you'll find me

"I don't know the meaning of the word
surrender! I mean I know it, I'm not
dumb, just not in this context."
-- The Tick

This signature generated by
... and I Quote!!(tm) Copyright (c) 1999 SpaZmodic Frog Software, Inc.
www.spazmodicfrog.com