Re: Exposed function to find table in schema search list?

From: "Joel Burton" <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Pgsql-Hackers(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Exposed function to find table in schema search list?
Date: 2002-05-24 19:11:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fair enough. Is there any way to handle this error and return a false?
(People frequently ask "how can I check to see if a table exists", and not
all interfaces handle errors the same way, but everyone should know how to
deal with a table result, so that we can provide a 7.3 version of "SELECT 1
FROM pg_class where relname='xxx'".

Thanks!

- J

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant