Multi-Table Indexes

From: "Benjamin Minshall" <minshall(at)intellicon(dot)biz>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multi-Table Indexes
Date: 2003-06-13 19:34:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings Hackers-

I have an interest in developing better OO support in PostgreSQL, and have
done some preliminary research in the archives and TODO list. It appears
that this topic hasn't gotten much traffic in a while, so I thought I'd test
the waters. What do the gurus here think of implementing multi-table
indexes as a vehicle toward better inheritance of keys? Perhaps someone
here who is more familiar with the code tree can comment on the magnitude of
this addition.

Thanks,
-Ben Minshall