Database Encoding

From: Brad Rhine <rhino(at)etown(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PGSQL Novices <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database Encoding
Date: 2003-09-05 12:39:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a few databases that set for ASCII encoding right now. Is there
a way to convert them to Unicode? I tried using "alter database
mConceptsEd set encoding='UNICODE' and about a hundred other minor
variations on that theme, but I kept the error message that encoding
wasn't a valid option. Am I stuck rebuilding the database from scratch
or can I do a conversion? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

--
brad(at)truetech(dot)org
http://truetech.org