Index Question

From: "Bierbryer, Andrew" <abierbryer(at)klsdiversified(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Index Question
Date: 2009-10-19 14:33:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I have created a table where a unique row is defined by 5 columns and
have created an index on these 5 columns. If I then do a select with a
where clause that only consists of 3 of these columns, will I get the
speed benefits from the index that I have created, or will I need to
create another index with only these 3 columns?

Thanks,

Andrew