Re: count(*) performance improvement ideas

From: "Stephen Denne" <Stephen(dot)Denne(at)datamail(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Mark Mielke" <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: count(*) performance improvement ideas
Date: 2008-04-17 00:33:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote
> Transaction commit is an exceedingly subtle and carefully structured
> thing. Throwing random user-defined code into it ain't gonna happen.

Deferred constraint triggers currently run random user-defined code. This'll do me.

Regards,
Stephen Denne.

Disclaimer:
At the Datamail Group we value team commitment, respect, achievement, customer focus, and courage. This email with any attachments is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If it is not intended for you please advise by reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way.
This email has been scanned by the DMZGlobal Business Quality
Electronic Messaging Suite.
Please see http://www.dmzglobal.com/dmzmessaging.htm for details.