Using the GPU

From: "Billings, John" <John(dot)Billings(at)PAETEC(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using the GPU
Date: 2007-06-08 17:55:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Does anyone think that PostgreSQL could benefit from using the video
card as a parallel computing device? I'm working on a project using
Nvidia's CUDA with an 8800 series video card to handle non-graphical
algorithms. I'm curious if anyone thinks that this technology could be
used to speed up a database? If so which part of the database, and what
kind of parallel algorithms would be used?
Thanks, sorry if this is a duplicate message.
-- John Billings