Re: Windows port installer

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows port installer
Date: 2004-07-13 14:39:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hmm, probably not the best option as you suggest. I wasn't sure if there
was something like .NET's Global Assembly Cache into which such files
should be installed.

> If you need to give lip service to including JDBC drivers for
> political reasons, then the best approach is probably to just
> leave the JDBC driver JAR file somewhere, and provide
> documentation on how to find it.

That's certainly easy enough - by default it would probably end up in
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\7.5\JDBC\. Are there any html docs etc. that
should/could be included?

Thanks, Dave.