Re: [bug fix] strerror() returns ??? in a UTF-8/C database with LC_MESSAGES=non-ASCII

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Greg Stark" <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] strerror() returns ??? in a UTF-8/C database with LC_MESSAGES=non-ASCII
Date: 2013-09-09 11:14:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
> OK, I'll take this approach. That is:

I did as Tom san suggested. Please review the attached patch. I chose as
common errnos by selecting those which are used in PosttgreSQL source code
out of the error numbers defined in POSIX 2013.

As I said, lack of %m string has been making troubleshooting difficult, so I
wish this to be backported at least 9.2.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
errno_str.patch application/octet-stream 3.9 KB