Re: index-only scans

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: index-only scans
Date: 2011-10-11 13:36:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I haven't thought as far ahead as how we might get the information
> needed for a per-opclass flag. A syntax addition to CREATE OPERATOR
> CLASS might be the only way.

Shouldn't it be implemented through additional interface function? There are
situations when restoring of original tuple requires some transformation.
For example, in point_ops we store box in the leaf index tuple, while point
can be easily restored from box.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.