Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Maciek Sakrejda <maciek(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-03-10 10:00:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:

> * The jsonb_hash_ops non-default GIN opclass is broken. It has its own
> idiosyncratic notion of what constitutes containment, that sees it
> only return, say, jsonb arrays that have a matching string as their
> "leftmost" element (if we ask it if it contains within it another
> array with the same string). Because of the limited number of
> indexable operators (only @>), I'd put this opclass in the same
> category as GiST in terms of my willingness to forgo it for a release,
> even if it did receive a loud applause at pgConf.EU. Again, it might
> be some disparity between the opertors as they existed in hstore2 at
> one time, and as they exist in the core code now, but I doubt it, not
> least since the regression tests didn't pick this up, and it's such a
> basic thing. Perhaps Oleg and Teodor just need to explain this to me.

I din't get comment about "leftmost" element. There is absolutely no
distinguish between array elements. All elements are extracted into same
keys independent of their indexes. It seems to have no change since I wrote
hstore_hash_ops. Could you share test case to illustrate what you mean?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.