Re: stats for network traffic WIP

From: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
Cc: Nigel Heron <nheron(at)querymetrics(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Date: 2013-11-19 18:18:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com> wrote:
> This patch looks good to me. It applies, builds, and runs the regression
> tests. Documentation is included and it seems to do what it says. I don't
> consider myself a code expert, but as far as I can see it looks fine. This
> is a pretty straightforward enhancement to the existing pg_stat_* code.
>
> If no one has any objections, I'll mark it ready for committer.
>
> Mike

I agree.

I had a discussion with Mike yesterday, and took the performance areas
in the patch. I think the impact would be pretty low and since the
global counter being incremented is incremented with keeping race
conditions in mind, I think that the statistics collected will be
valid.

So, I have no objections to the patch being marked as ready for committer.

Regards,

Atri

Regards,

Atri