Re: foreign data wrapper option manipulation during Create foreign table time?

From: Demai Ni <nidmgg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: foreign data wrapper option manipulation during Create foreign table time?
Date: 2014-10-29 21:16:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert and Ronan,

many thanks for your response.

I realized there is no clean way/api for it. maybe a hacking of ptree can
do the trick.. :-)

I will also take a look at IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA. However, for this
requirement, I still need the user to input filename or filefolder, and I'd
like to process the file(s) during create foreign table time, and save the
processed result somewhere like ftoptions column in pg_foreign_table. may
be some other way I can save the process result and make it assessable
during query time?

Demai