Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted
Date: 2013-02-07 19:15:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Right. I don't have the database handy at this moment, but earlier in
> the day I ran some queries against it and found that most of the
> duplicates which are not accessible via indexes have xmin very close
> to 2100345903. In fact, many of them are from a consecutive range.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to hack the system to make it
fast-forward the current transaction id? It would certainly make
testing this kind of thing faster if I could make transaction id
increment by 100 each time a new one is generated. Then wrap-around
could be approached in minutes rather than hours.

Thanks,

Jeff