Re: Proposal for better support of time-varying timezone abbreviations

From: Chris Bandy <bandy(dot)chris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for better support of time-varying timezone abbreviations
Date: 2014-10-09 14:49:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

typedef struct
> {
> ! char token[TOKMAXLEN + 1]; /* now always null-terminated */
> char type;
> ! int32 value;
> } datetkn;

Being entirely new to this code, "now" makes me think of the "current
timestamp". I think this word can be removed to reduce ambiguity.

+ /* use strncmp so that we match truncated tokens */
> result = strncmp(key, position->token, TOKMAXLEN);

In your proposal you wanted to remove "crufty code that deals with
non-null-terminated token strings". Is this some of that crufty code? Can
it be removed?

-- Chris