Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-03-04 04:20:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Also, please recognize that the current implementation was what we
> collectively decided on three months ago, and what Andrew worked pretty
> hard to implement based on that collective decision. So if we're going
> to change course, we need a specific reason to change course, not just
> "it seems like a better idea now" or "I wasn't paying attention then".

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. But if it does, what
exactly am I insisting on that is inconsistent with that consensus? In
what way are we changing course? I think I'm being eminently flexible.
I don't want a jsonb type that is broken, as for example by not having
a default B-Tree operator class. Why don't you let me get on with it?

--
Peter Geoghegan