Re: jsonb and nested hstore

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date: 2014-02-21 00:51:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> Updated patches for both pieces. Included is some tidying done by Teodor,
> and fixes for remaining whitespace issues. This now passes "git diff --check
> master" cleanly for me.

So one thing that isn't clear from these patches is how jsonb will
have the benefit of the new hstore functions and operators. The cast
is not implicit. I believe that Teodor made the cast implicit on
Github on February 8th (which has not been formally submitted), but
that has problems of its own.

Does anyone have any ideas about how best to enable jsonb to take
advantage of the new functions and operators?

--
Peter Geoghegan