Re: Computer VARSIZE_ANY(PTR) during debugging

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Computer VARSIZE_ANY(PTR) during debugging
Date: 2013-07-30 17:33:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think there's some magic in gdb for this but I'm not sure how to
make it happen. If you figure it out I would think it would be
generally useful and we should find a way to put it in the source tree
so it works for everyone.

You might find it useful to put breakpoints in heap_deformtuple() with
conditions that catch the tuple you're looking for. That function will
often (but not always) be the first function to see your corrupt
tuple.