pg_multixact issues

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_multixact issues
Date: 2014-09-17 12:16:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

Hello,

On one my machine the pg_multixact directory size has grown up to 5 GB and
am not sure how to clean up this directory.

From the storage-file-layout this directory contains multitransaction
status data.
pg_multixactSubdirectory containing multitransaction status data (used for
shared row locks)
It would really help if someone can provide some reading material regarding
pg_multixact? Would this also result in database slowness by any chance?

Are there any tweaking commands related to this directory settings, also
how can I cleanup/truncate this directory without impacting the overall
database.

Looking forward to get some insight here.

Regards...