Re: SQL Work Needed at the City of Wilsonville

From: daniel stark <dan(dot)j(dot)stark(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Work Needed at the City of Wilsonville
Date: 2011-08-09 22:33:28
Lists: pdxpug

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Melissa Hollingsworth
<melissa(at)fastanimals(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:41:11 -0700, Lindsey Smith <lindsey(dot)smith(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:

>>> Just thought I'd ping again. :)
>>
>> If you guys go the hackathon route, I'll chip in for some pizza or beer.
>
> Wilsonville should feed us, IMO.  I'd also like T-shirts that say
> something like "I saved Wilsonville using open source software --
> ask me how."  But just the food is also good.
>
> When are we actually going to get together and do this?  Is
> anyone more or less organizing this?
>

> --
> Melissa Hollingsworth
> melissa(at)fastanimals(dot)com
> +1 512 619 1237

Was away from the list for a bit but glad to see such interest. The
City would be happy to contribute fuel for any endeavor -
unfortunately we cannot provide fermented food stuff but would be
happy to send enough other provisions to get you through a 'thon of
any sort. I don't think I need to take part - my skills lie squarely
in the the geospatial realm. I know just enough SQL to cut and paste
some updated code into my existing script(s).

I can provide food, a database and a goal. If this sounds like
something the group would like to pursue that would be great. In
addition, I'd be happy to work with an individual (or more) that would
like to take on piece-work like this on an ongoing basis for the City.
I'm looking for a resource for help when we need it as much as help
on this particular task.

Thanks for all the interest and let me know if you would like to proceed.

Oh yes- If the T-Shirts say something like "I saved Wilsonville *GIS*
using open source software -- ask me how", I think I might be able to
put something together!